Time to plan a visit to those wonderful, magical German Christmas markets.
Hundreds of outdoor market stalls selling local organic honeys, hot potato fritters, handmade chocolates, Christmas decorations, felt clothing, traditional crafts, wooden toys, beeswax candles, handmilled soaps and other gift ideas ...
Amidst delicious aromas of glüwein (hot mulled wine), lebkuchen (gingerbread) hot chocolate, bratwurst (sausage), soup, praline almonds ...
In a happy atmosphere of children's performances, carol singing, small brass bands ...
Whether you are shopping for unique Christmas gifts, like to sip a glüwein, or simply want to enjoy the festive mood and ambiance... you are sure to be delighted!
Christmas market dates 2013
- Wiesbaden Nov 27 - Dec 23
- Mainz Nov 29 - Dec 23
- Rüdesheim Nov 28 - Dec 22
- Koblenz Nov 22 - Dec 22
- Worms Nov 25 - Dec 23
- Speyer Nov 25 - Jan 6, 2014 (closed Dec 25 & 26, 2013)
- Ingelheim Nov 29 - Dec 15 (Fri/Sat/Suns only)
- Limburg Nov 23 - Dec 29 (closed Dec 25 & 26, 2013)
- Marburg Nov 30 - Dec 23
- Frankfurt Nov 27 - Dec 22
- Bad Homberg Nov 30 - Dec 22 (Sat/Suns only)
- Seligenstadt Nov 27 - Dec 15
- Aschaffenburg Nov 28 - Dec 22
- Linz Nov 30 - Dec 23 (Sat/Suns only)
- Darmstadt Nov 25 - Dec 23
- Trier Nov 25 - Dec 22
Advent markets in villages 2013
- Nov 30 - Dec 1 Idstein • Lorch (Sat only) • St Goar-Werlau (Sun only) • Oberwesel • Höchst • Mainz-Kastel • Bad Ems • Frauenstein
- Dec 7 - 8 Eltville • Bad Schwalbach • Hochheim • Büdingen • Bacharach • Kaub • Schlangenbad • Bad Soden • St Goarshausen • Braubach • Taunusstein • Rüsselsheim
- Dec 13 - 15 Bingen medieval market • Oppenheim • St Goar-Biebernheim (Sun only)
Private tours to multiple Christmas Markets can be arranged.
Prices depend on group size, your interests and your location. For example, a single day group tour to both Wiesbaden and Mainz markets starts from €25 per person (for a group of 4 people).
Bookings: Please Email me with your dates, location and time constraints. I could meet you at your hotel or Frankfurt airport, for example, and escort you through several Christmas Markets in the region. I walk in all weather. Dress warmly, bring an umbrella and don't forget your camera!